A few years ago, David, Ashtyn, and I went on a mission trip to a communist country to preach The Gospel and give away thousands of FREE “Ola Dios, Hi God” books.
We had trouble getting our religious visas so we were just hoping to get in and out of Cuba without getting arrested. lol
As we were riding down the street in our taxi, we saw there were people lined up all the way down the block in front of this little strip store.
I asked our driver, “What in the word is going on?” He said, “Oh, we heard they have CHICKEN, today!”
I felt a little embarrassed because we Americans take SO much for granted.
It’s hard to understand the hardships in Cuba until you know that: whether you’re a brain surgeon or a bus driver… you only earn the equivalent of about $20 a month.
$20 a month for ALL your living expenses? (And we think WE have problems.) I’d been kinda gripin’ because:
- I couldn’t connect to Wi-Fi at all.
- I couldn’t get any phone service, either.
- How am I supposed to update my Instagram or check my email?
- There’s only one charger in our hotel room for our 3 phones, cameras, iPads, and laptops.
Meghan Trainor’s got a song called “Champagne Problems”— and yeah, I think I’ve just been complaining about my champagne problems.
(You too?) Start to reframe your thinking. We can all be thankful for something!
- Thank you, God, for the air in my lungs, today!
- Thank you, God, I have a roof over my head!
- Thank you, God, that no matter what happens in this CRAZY world…I know that You have me in the palm of Your hand!
Start your day in a BETTER way!
Before your feet hit the floor, before you get up on the wrong side of the bed—think of everything you have to be thankful for.
The rest are just champagne problems!
Share with me—3 things you’re thankful for this Thanksgiving.
I’m thankful to be able to send you a FREE copy of my new book, “Goal Getters, 5 Steps to Finally Get What You Want.” (you just pay the shipping)
Request your FREE copy, today