I have to tell you, my MOST favorite thing about the holidays is getting to spend TIME with my family.
It’s a real opportunity to dive into them, to hear from them and to SNUGGLE and enjoy them!
While our daily lives seem to move at a million-miles-a-minute, I really enjoy this season when we’re allowed to put our work on hold and just get to be TOGETHER.
My Least Favorite Thing About The Holidays?
The fact that these special moments seem to always happen over cookies, pies, sweet treats, fattening appetizers and HUGE meals.
Somehow, every year, this family time seems to cost me TEN pounds!!!
Anyone else know what I’m talking about?
I have to admit it, I DO have my weaknesses.
- My mom’s homemade macaroni and cheese! (It’s chees-er-iffic!!!)
- A big, juicy, golden brown turkey leg! (I’m licking my fingers!)
- Grandma’s famous strawberry Jello dessert! (So yummy!)
- Pancakes fried in butter until the edges are brown and crispy! (I can eat those with my bare hands!)
- My aunt’s crazy-good “Calorie Delight”, consisting of layers of pecans, cream cheese, chocolate and whipped cream!!!
(Oh my…I think I feel faint!)
For FIVE generations my family has relished cutting out Christmas Tree sugar cookies with my great-grandmother’s metal cookie cutters.
If your family doesn’t have any holiday traditions to speak of, then I want to encourage you; maybe it’s time to start your OWN!
Why not create a meaningful NEW tradition that could become one of your family’s FAVORITE THINGS?
Share With Us
Do you have a favorite Christmas tradition or fond family memory? We’d love to be inspired by you!